The Grunau Family

Friday, May 12, 2006

6 days to go.... maybe!!



Hi everyone!!
So these picture are of me with exactly one week left. My belly had originally gotten smaller when the baby dropped, but now it is back to it's big ol' self again.
So I went to the doctor's yesterday. Dr. Stalker was delivering a baby so I was there for 2 hours!!! YAY!! There were 4 or 5 pregnant ladies and a lady with a newborn all in the waiting room so it was pretty entertaining to see them all scrambling (Or waddling) to the washroom at some point!
When I finally got into the Doctor's office, she was in a super big hurry, trying to get back on schedule. She originally thought that she would only be 1 hour late because the lady that was delivering wasn't a first time mom and was just at the pushing stage. I guess it took longer than expected. Oh well, I can't really be annoyed; when I am delivering I want Dr. Stalker to be with me, not worrying about the patients in her office!!
So she said that everything is really good, as usual. I am still only 1-2 cm, and the baby is super low, but the great news is that I am 70% effaced already!! YAHOO!! Dr. Stalker said that the baby could come at any time now.... she even said that she wasn't sure I would make it until next Thursday's appointment. I guess the effacement is more of an indicator than dialation, because a woman can be 4 cm dialated 4 weeks before she actually gives birth, where effacement is more of an indication that things are starting. So that was really good news, especially since I am not even due until Thursday. So I might be able to have an early, if not on time, baby. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high though. I don't want to be a basket case if happen to go over my due date.... I guess I should say I don't want to be MORE of a basket case! ;)
So I guess now I will have to take extra walks, eat greasy/spicy/chinese food and drink raspberry leaf tea until I have this baby. Apparently these are all things that can trigger labour.... we'll see!
On Sunday for Mother's Day, Daryl, my mom, and I are taking KFC to Grandma Heppner's and are meeting Daryl's parents there for lunch. I can't think of something more greasy than KFC, so maybe I'll have a KFC baby!!! What can I say, Grandma loves her KFC!
Well I hope that you all have a great weekend. I can't promise that I will post anything right when the baby is born, but I will try to keep you all updated, even if it's a little "not yet" post!
Take care and please pray for the labour..... I sure am!!

2 Comments:

  • Wow...check out that belly! Sounds like you might get lucky and have this baby early! Hooray! We're praying for you and can't wait to hear the news.

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 9:52 AM  

  • Really, really, really soon, and I mean REALLY SOON!!!!! YAY.... baby time.... woohooo! So excited. And we arrive home Thursday night, I can't wait to see you! Take extra special care sweety!

    By Blogger Chris, at 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home