The Grunau Family

Thursday, April 06, 2006

6 weeks and counting

Well today I officially only have 6 weeks to go. Of course that is if I deliver our baby right on it's due date (May 18th), which isn't very likely. I am trying to prepare myself that I will probably go a week or so over the date, but I am secretly hoping that I will have the baby early. (I guess that isn't really that big of a secret).
So Daryl and I were super surprised that we were having a girl, especially since this baby moves so much and is very fiesty! I was sure that meant we were having a boy, but then people keep pointing out that I am not exactly "mild". Good point.
I had a scary thought the other day.... "We are going to have a teenage daughter!!!" YIKES!! I am already praying that she won't take after her mother in the adolescence department. If she is only half as bad as I was, she'll be a handful! I think my mom is looking forward to witnessing that sweet justice! Maybe for those teen years we'll just send our daughter to live with Grandma and Grandpa! ;)
Well this weekend (Friday and Saturday) we are going to our prenatal classes! We have already been warned about the videos that they show us. Apparently the people in the videos all have the worst labours and are all screamers. And if that wasn't bad enough most of them decide to deliver naked!!! YIKES!! I would just like to say "Not going to happen!!!" I am a little concerned about this weekend.... I hope that it isn't too repetitive. Hopefully we'll learn some stuff, which shouldn't be hard since Daryl and I have no clue what to expect. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, so I imagine after these classes I will have a ton of questions for Dr. Stalker.
Well I should go, this baby needs to eat (Okay, I need to eat, but it's easier to blame all of my eating on the baby!!)

3 Comments:

  • Apparently the videos we watched are the same ones your friends have seen! Have fun.

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 10:27 AM  

  • She forgot to mention that the videos all happen to be from the 80s. Not sure if that makes it better or worse though.

    By Blogger Daryl, at 10:43 PM  

  • Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home