The Grunau Family

Friday, April 28, 2006

3 weeks left

So I now have three weeks to go (actually 2 weeks, 6 days.... but who's counting)! I had my doctor's appointment yesterday, and everything is still looking really good. Dr. Stalker said that my body is doing exactly everything it should be.... she said so far I have been pretty much textbook.
The cool thing was that right away she noticed that my belly has changed since last week... she said that my belly is now "all baby"!! And the baby has dropped quited a bit so now I am carrying fairly low. All this basically means is that I have to pee every two seconds, compared to every two minutes!
Another sign that I am getting ready to deliver is that I haven't gained any weight for three weeks. This is a little confusing to me since I am getting bigger, but I am not going to complain. Another great sign is that I am actually 1 cm dialated already, so I know that at least things are progressing.... it still doesn't mean that I will deliver on time or anything. My doctor told me that she only prefers to let her patients go 10 days over, so I guess the latest I will go will be the 28th if I have to. I really don't want to go that far over due though!! On time would be great!!! (I know I am dreaming..... but please, let me dream!) ;)
Well I think that next weeks appointment shoudl be fairly interesting.... Dr. Stalker warned me that it is a JURSI (3rd and 4th year med students) teaching morning, so I'll have a bunch of med students at my appointment. I don't really care though, plus Dr. Stalker made a deal with me that if I let the JURSI's in, I can keep my pants on!!! YAY!!!
Well besides having a cold (and not being able to take anything for it), everything is good. I am fairly tired, but I can't really sleep very well either, so I am taking the opportunity to get in all the napping I can before the baby comes.
Anyways, I'll keep you all posted and I'll put up a picture next week when I am only 2 WEEKS!!!!
Hopefully these weeks will go by super fast.... and I hopefully will find things to do to make the time go by faster. If anyone has some "time-wasting" suggestions I would appreciate them.

3 Comments:

  • My favourite time waster...shopping! Plus...it doubles as exercise! Can't go wrong with that. I have to admit I was pretty lazy my last few weeks before Taylor was born. I started strong with cleaning and cooking meals to freeze, but I gradually lost all motivation for that sort of thing and just decided to spend my last days relaxing with my feet up (I had swollen feet too!). Nothing like a good book to read or movie to watch. Enjoy your time alone!

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 1:13 PM  

  • I can't believe it is only 3 weeks away! Where did the time go?

    I agree with Jolene. Enjoy this opportunity to sleep in and do whatever you want for like the last time in your life!

    If you really want to make the time go by faster, you could babysit for me! Wait. That might make the time go by slower...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 AM  

  • Hey guys, did your little one make an early appearance? Both of your blogs are super slow and I am getting so excited to hear what her name will be!

    By Blogger Wilson's, at 11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home