The Grunau Family

Saturday, April 01, 2006

It's a......

So Daryl and I had the ultrasound yesterday, and everything went really well. The place we went to wouldn't really tell us anything so that was frustrating. I guess I'll have to wait until my doctor's appointment to find out the important stuff like the size of the head and the width of the shoulders. I am hoping that we will stick to the small theme that has been going on. It was really great to see our baby, but it was hard because you could only see small parts at a time. We werre able to see the face really well though, and the baby was sucking it's thumb like crazy. I don't think that it liked having it's face pushed around though, because it was fighting back pretty hard and was moving so much the technition was having a hard time measuring things. We got a negative-picture thing this time so I don't know if I'll be able to post it, but I'll see if Daryl can figure out a way.
But for most of you you probably don't really care about this stuff and are just wondering whether we are having a boy or a girl, and thankfully the radiologist was able to tell us that at least!!
So we are having a ..... girl!!!! We are really excited and are still trying to get over the shock of it since we both thought that we were having a boy. I am super pumped to see Daryl with his little girl.... I think it will be really cute!!
So we are telling everyone the sex of the baby, but we decided we aren't going to tell anyone the name that we have picked out. That way no one can give us their "two cents" on the name, or we won't have any hurt feelings if the couples who are having babies before us pick that particular name. Well that's it for now, we'll keep you all posted.

5 Comments:

  • A girl...that's awesome! Now Taylor will have a little girlfriend when we come out in summer! I too thought it would be a boy. I was so sure I bought some boy stuff yesterday...guess I'll just have to go shopping again!!

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 4:01 PM  

  • Wow. That's amazing!!! A mini Dawn - how cool!!! I'll have to buy her lots of frilly things and pink, since her mother loved pink so much while growing up (haha!) I can't wait to spoil her!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:50 PM  

  • YAY, I wish so much we were closer so our little girls could play and grow up together. Maybe I can convince James to go back to Sask!
    Jaime

    By Blogger Wilson's, at 9:07 PM  

  • hey dawn..its kim from cornerstone i came across your blog from kristen's ...and you look wonderful..and i know how you feel when people ask you if your due anyday..i was always affended by that..haha..and i agree with you on the name thing about people giving you there "two cents" chris and i did the same thing cause we dont like how people say "oh thats a nice name or thats kinda gross of a name" ect. so good on yah for keepin the name between you darl..God bless through as you come closer to the day..

    By Blogger Kim Funk, at 1:52 PM  

  • Hey Dawn -
    Congratulations!
    Now we can start saying "she" when we're talking about Baby.
    I'm sure whatever name you guys have picked will be great. It's funny how people have these presuppositions about names from other people they've known with the same names. You have to remember that this is an entirely different little person, and has a powerful capability to completely change that perspective.
    Anyway I'm rambling. Looking forward to Wednesday; I'm sad I missed last week so I will be there this week for sure.
    LoveT

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home