The Grunau Family

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow

Man, I cannot believe how much it has been snowing lately! I am noticing all of this for a variety of reasons....
-we now have to shovel our own sidewalks and driveway (at our townhouse it was all done for us... I now realize I never said thank-you enough!!)
-Our driveway is WAY bigger than at our townhouse (we can fit 4 cars in the back)
-Our wiper blade sucks on the Corolla, so I can't just wipe away the snow off the windshield. Even if it's just a light 'dusting' I have to pull out the brush.... pretty annoying.
- We are running out of room to put the snow... we can only have our driveway so narrow.

Oh well, it is still beautiful, and supposedly we are supposed to get to above zero for the next few days (I'll believe it when I see it). It also doesn't help that lately I have known many people who are escaping to the warm climates of Mexico, Australia and the Caribbean...man life's rough for some people.

The Grunau family is also off on a vacation soon. Yes it is a resort, yes there is a pool and a hot tub, and yes there is a golf course. Problem is you would have to shovel the 8 feet of snow to find your little white ball! In the Grunau household we escape the Saskatchewan winter blues by going to northern Manitoba! That's right, Daryl, Libby and I will be in a quaint little cabin (3 bedrooms, full kitchen, living room, fireplace, 2 baths) for a week! We'll be roughing it all right! There will be lots to do though... plenty of outdoor activities and there is an indoor pool and hot tub as well. We are really looking forward to spending some family time together away from all the busyness of life. I think it'll be a lot of fun! It reminds me of when I went to my best friends cabin all the time in Hay River. Lots of time talking, playing games and great food (hopefully my cooking won't be compared to Mrs. Forbes' though.. I wouldn't stand a chance!)

I think it will be a great time, but hopefully we won't get cabin fever and start going crazy.... Is anyone else thinking about the Simpson's episode where they're at a cabin and they have no TV or beer. "No TV and Beer makes Homer go crazy...." YIKES! I'm sure we'll be fine though... we have TV after all... and a dvd player.... and we stocked up on snacks.... we'll be fine... I think....

Let you know how it all goes.... if we survive that is!

1 Comments:

  • I believe that the Simpson episode you are refering to is a spoof on "The Shining", and I REALLY hope that what goes on in that movie doesn't happen to you!!!

    By Blogger Allison, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home