The Grunau Family

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busyness of Fall


Libby
Originally uploaded by ddgrunau.

Sorry it has been so long since I have blogged, but it seems like the busyness of fall has caught up with us. Daryl is now in full swing with YFC and he is enjoying being back in the schools again. We are thankful that God opened up doors and allowed Daryl to be back in Queen Elizabeth school for D4. (If you want the extended version let me know and I can email you the whole thing... or just phone!)
Libby is a very busy girl! She enjoys exploring, she loves other kids and she loves it outside. Although she is quite busy, she still loves to sit on the couch and read her books.... the girl loves reading. Not that she will really let you actually read the book to her, but she just flips through all the pages... over and over again!
You would think that with her love of books that she would be talking like crazy, but NOOoooo, she is hardly saying any words at all. I'm talking like maybe 5 words and that if I really use a lot of my imagination.
It's not that she isn't vocal, she is always making sounds and has a lot of inflection in her voice, but she just isn't talking. I'm not really all that worried, but I know that when we go to the public health for her shots they do an assessment (which she will probably fail...unless she learns 20some words in the next 8 weeks). I know that she will start talking when she is ready, but I get really frustrated with the pressure that I am feeling for her to be talking already. Oh well, it'll happen when it happens.
I know that she understands, because I can tell her things and she'll do them (if she feels like it... did I mention that she is quite stubborn??). I know that she is smart and that she knows what I am saying, she just hasn't figured out how to say words yet. Who knows maybe she'll be one of those kids that just starts speaking in sentences... here's hoping!
Well that's enough for this update, hopefully I will be much better at keeping this thing updated. Did I mention that Libby and I have been sick off and on for the last couple of weeks??? (I am trying to get some extra pity points)!!

3 Comments:

  • My oldest nephew (from what I remember...he's 3 1/2 now) didn't say a lot of words early on. He would come up to you and babble with inflection in his tone, but he looked at you like he thought you should know what he was saying. But all of a sudden words started to pop out. I would worry about it too much because every child is so different.

    By Blogger Angie, at 5:19 PM  

  • I wouldn't worry about it yet. I'm sure in no time she'll be talking up a storm and you'll wonder what the big deal was. Every kid develops at different rate...Libby's still young...plus at their age 20 words in 8 weeks could certainly be done! Crazy how fast they learn.

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 11:52 AM  

  • wow your little girl is getting so big!!

    By Blogger Kim Funk, at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home