The Grunau Family

Monday, December 10, 2007

It's just a computer...

.....at least that's what I keep telling myself. I know that I have been ridiculus about keeping up this blog, and I don't even know if anyone still reads this thing, but for the last week or so I have had a GREAT excuse.... the Grunau household has suffered a gregious loss, one that is going to take us quite a while to get over.... our computer, our beloved little macbook, has died!
Okay, I know that this sounds a little overboard, I mean it's just a computer.... but I never realized how dependant we were on that little guy. We stay connected with our friends, have our day planner, get recipes, do our banking, and a whole lot of other stuff. I never realized how much we used it. If you want to know how it died feel free to go to Daryl's blog from the link on the side.

On another note I will try to update you on all that is going on here. I am sorry that I can't post any pictures, but those were all on our computer. (Thankfully we had bought an external hard drive so we didn't lose all of our pictures... that would have been horrible!!!)

So while Daryl and I were in Vegas, Libby stayed with my parents in Barrhead.... for the WHOLE week!! She did great! My parent's had a lot of fun with her and kept her VERY busy! She went to Edmonton, went out to restaurants, went to a surprise birthday party, went bowling and did a whole bunch of other things. I don't know who was more tired at the end of the week, my parents or Libby. I only called home three times that week... I was very proud of myself!!

So the problem wasn't the week that we were gone, but the couple weeks after we got back!! Libby wouldn't let me out of her sight for a week straight! I couldn't get anything done when we got home. I literally spent the first couple of days home cuddling wiht Libby and just holding her, reading to her and playing with her... she wouldn't let me do anything! Thankfully she was good with Daryl's parents (Yay for Grandparents!!), so I could sneak away and do some grocery shopping. For the first week or so, Libby only wanted me or Daryl, and she went to Daryl's parents... other than that she didn't really want anyone else. I guess the only other person on her good list was her auntie Kendra....but Libby's always excited to see her!!

On another note, Libby is getting her I-teeth right now too! She has been pretty good about it, a little more grouchy, but over all she hasn't been that bad. So after these come in, there are only her 2 year molars left. I just hope these ones come in soon, right now all 4 are coming and I can see them all, so it shouldn't be too much longer. I just hope we don't have a repeat of last Christmas when Libby was a little teething monster. At least this year she will probably be pre-occupied with her cousin!

For the last few weeks, Libby's been sick off and on, and I have been fighting off her germs... which is really hard when she insists on rubbing her snot and slobber everywhere! Oh well, I guess this is just one of the many signs that winter is upon us.

While Libby was teething and had a cold I thought, "How can I possibly make this any worse... I know I'll poke Libby with needles a few times". Yup, that's right, Libby also got her 18 month shots! She did super well, and I think it had to do with the nurse... she was awesome! She had all the needles all ready to go. She gave her one in the arm, then I flipped her over and she did the other arm and then she asked if I wanted to try to calm her down a bit or if she should just get the other needle... and I was like "let's keep going", so she gave Libby the last one. Libby was SUPER mad, but it all happened so quickly so she didn't really have time to get all that upset. Then the nurse gave her a toothbrush and she was fine! She did such a great job, I was so proud of her!

Well I'll stop here for now. It's hard when you don't post for awhile, cause then you have to post a whole bunch!!! Take care!

1 Comments:

  • The Macbook died??? I feel your pain. We had issues with our old computer and it drove me mad when I couldn't use it, and I'm even more dependant on it now to keep me in touch with the outside world.

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home