The Grunau Family

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Little Helper



As Libby is getting bigger adn bigger, she is starting to be my little "helper". This is a picture all the way back from Thanksgiving and Libby is helping Kailey and I make a Caramel Mochachino cheesecake (yes, it was as good as it sounded....). She was so funny, and super intent on helping. Of course it will be nice as she gets older, that her helping will start to be more helping. Like today for example... my floor really needed some sweeping, especially since I had just finished decorating the real tree... which means pine needles were everywhere. Libby decided to grab the big duster that we have, and while I was sweeping with the broom, she was cleaning the floor with the duster. She is so funny!! She is trying to do so many things on her own now, and will even get a little frustrated with you if you try to help without asking first. You have to make sure that you ask if she needs help and then if she agrees you can help her out.

It's also helpful now that she can actually answer questions with answers that she actually means now. I often will ask her if she wants a nap (usually when I start to see the eye rubs), and she will say either yes or no. Usually if she says no, I just ask 5 minutes later and then she's ready, but there are definitely no fights for going down for naps.... it's her decision after all (with some "Gentle" prodding from her mom).

MOMENTOUS OCCASION!!! I finally heard Libby say a clear "mommy" yesterday!! And she wasn't even whining or crying when she said it. Usually all I hear is "mum,mum,mum,mum" when she wants something from me, or if she needs some cuddles. But last night as I was taking her to bed she said "mommy"super sweetly and then when I asked her to say it again SHE DID!! YAY, it only took almost 19 months of late nights, poopy diapers, thrown food, snotty noses (And let's not even talk about the delivery...) and she has FINALLY said "mommy" to me (she has said it to Daryl quite a few times... it's been like rubbing salt in the wound).

Now if I could just get her to say "supercalifragilisticexpealidotious" I would for sure win "mom of the year"! :) (Please don't judge my spelling too harshly on that word.....I'm no Mary Poppins).

1 Comments:

  • I guarantee she says more than Kieran. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home