The Grunau Family

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life or something like it

Sorry to all for not posting sooner, I'm not even sure if anyone is checking this anymore. On that note I have found a very handy little tool for checking blogs. It's called google reader and you can subscribe to different blogs and google reader will check them for you and let you know when there are new posts. It's a great tool, and has saved me a lot of time from running around the internet checking people's blogs.

But back to my blog. We have been so busy since I last wrote. I was working at YFC to help with the Cal-Break trip and towards the end I was there usually 2-3 days a week! It was pretty nuts and there were times that I brought Libby with me, but she was great. She would watch movies on the computer screen and she also visited a lot of the staff.

For the spring break Daryl went on Cal-Break for 10 days and Libby and I headed off to Alberta to see my family. I found a great seat sale, so I flew to Edmonton. Libby did really well on all the flights.... not super easy to keep an almost 2 year old seating on your lap for over an hour, but in the end we both survived. We had a great time with family and I even got to see my friend Crystal, who I haven't seen forever!

Daryl had a great time in California. He loved his bus and the kids were all awesome. There are some pretty "interesting" pictures of him on facebook if you want to check them out.

Now we are still in crazy mode. Daryl is busy editing the Cal-break video. He is overseeing the project as well as doing a few segments in it. Basically we won't see much of him until May. he really enjoys doing this stuff and it gives him a creative outlet.

Libby has decided to start waking up in the middle of the night (since Alberta actually....), so that's been awesome. I know there are a lot of moms out there who will have no sympathy for me since there 16 year olds are still waking up in the middle of the night, but I don't care.... I am still going to complain! It is my blog after all!
Since the whole waking up thing, I have been exhausted and I think Daryl is starting to get annoyed with his wife being in bed by 9:30 every night.
The newest thing to hit the homefront is that Libby is sick. Yesterday she surprised me with puking on me, her and the couch (I now understand the need for leather furniture). Since then she has had the rankest diapers and a fever. She spent most of last night in our bed which basically means that daryl and I got no sleep.
So that's our life in a nutshell.
Tonight I'm going to bed at 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home