The Grunau Family

Monday, June 19, 2006

Thoughts on motherhood

So this is the first post that I have done since I have had Libby. Daryl has been very good to me and has been uploading pictures for me on the blog. I am just thankful that he did that for me, it would have been a little much to expect him to journal on all of them too.
Things have been going pretty good. In the beginning it was pretty hard because Libby wasn't eating very well. That also made the whole sleep thing hard, especially in the night because she would wake up every hour or two, so we weren't really getting all that much sleep. Well i am happy to say that she is eating much better now, and she gives us 3-5 hour stretches every night!! YAY!!
I knew that motherhood would be hard and that I would be super tired, but there was no way I could have prepared myself for the emotions that I am experiencing. I can have such a range of emotions in one day (or even in one hour!!). I think something that has surprised me the most is that I can do it!! I somehow manage to function everyday, even when I don't get very much sleep. It seems really obvious to me that God has created me to be able to take care of my baby no matter how much sleep I have gotten. It still amazes me that I can hear her cry from across a crowded room, and that in a group of babies I know when it is Libby crying!
I already love being a mom so much.... I can't believe that tomorrow Libby will be 1 month old tomorrow! Time has just flown by and i am trying my best to enjoy every moment for what it is.
Anyways this is just some thoughts and I can only imagine that as time goes on I will have more and more thoughts and feelings about being a mom (and a lot more questions on it too!!)
Well I will try to post some more pictures, but right now the computer isn't co-operating!!

4 Comments:

  • Motherhood...there really is nothing quite like it is there! I too can hardly believe Libby will be one month tomorrow...and I still haven't seen her! Only 3 more weeks. I'm so excited to see Taylor and Libby together too. Hope the sleeping only gets better!!

    By Blogger Russ and Jolene, at 5:46 PM  

  • I would still like to get together - what works for you? Maybe you, I and Chris could go for lunch one day soon?

    By Blogger Allison, at 11:56 PM  

  • People try to tell you, warn you, advise you, and all that before the baby is born. But there is really nothing anyone can say to prepare you. We wouldn't believe them anyway! We all have to go through that baptism by fire, and you have certainly done that! Congratulations!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 AM  

  • Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
    » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home